Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lack of New Pictures

Maybe I am not the best at updating this little blog. My camera has taken a turn for the worse. Something inside has busted and it wont autofocus anymore. And whenever I try to focus it manually it kind of grinds inside the lens and the  pics turn out crap. That being said, I have taken SOME pics of the work I have been up to with my phone, but they are not as good.

So update on the Throng. I bought a box of Ironbreakers/Irondrakes. I turned ten into drakes and made them up. I was not a fan of the brass instrument, so I made a drummer because I love the drums in my units. I also had to heavily convert some old bits to make a real banner for the drakes. Other than that they are pretty normal...just took off the shoulderpads for all but the champion. It makes him stand out more, and with the rest of my army in the chainmail look...the shoulderpad-less drakes fit in way better.

I then went and eBay'd 10 more bodies to put together a small group of ironbreakers. I had all the other bits so saved like 15 bucks there. Also made a custom banner for them. I am thinking about shoulderpads only on the champion as well, but the shield and unique axe make him obvious enough that I may do them all.

Ok, so for the only good pictures I have right now. My bare-assed slayer. This is by far one of my favorite models I have ever painted. Was chuckling the entire time. And to boot, he is actually pretty decent in game as a dragon slayer. When he does so-so...he is still fun to play. And when he does well...oh my god does he do well. Played a game of Blood and Glory (break point mission) against some brets and he charged in and killed the general and BSB in 2 turns. Just slaughtered them. The little guy won the game by himself. Master Rune of Alaric the Mad is CRAZY good. Oh well, here he is.


Yeah, so as always let me know what yall think. I love this little guy. The guys at my shop named him Cody. After another player in the group who displays...slayer-like qualities, including general crazy eyes. 

As soon as I get the money for a better camera I will once again take more pictures. Mostly though, its just been painting models I have already started in the throng. If I get anything new and impressive I will of course post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment