Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Full Karak-Graey Throng

It has been months since I gotten all of these little stunties, and I put ALL of these little ones together way back then, primed them...and was sort of Dwarfed out for a while. But now...now I'm back with my squatty friends. So here is everything that I am working with. This will be a longer, picture heavy post. LOTS of works in progress here. Lets start with the characters.

**Note: I don't think these get bigger, so if you want to see the REALLY close up versions of all my work, including these guys, I keep all my WH40k and WHFB photos at DakkaDakka

Link to my Gallery there: http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=Isean **

Dwarf Lord on Oathstone

My Dwarf Lord still needs one last layer of lighter skin tones. Trying to get the mix right. I will also be lightening the stone and maybe doing something to make the runes pop out.





Runelord / Runesmith

The Runelord/smith is complete and sealed. My favorite model so far out of all my dwarfs.
Thane with BSB

The BSB was hard, but a lot of fun to paint. Very minor touch ups are left. He is just about as complete as I will make him.
Slayer

I have been toying with the idea of the bright orange hair, but with bright green highlights to show some of the hold colors.
Master Engineer

This model was from the old old set with 1 piece as-is dwarfs. I liked the special wrench, so I gave him a pistol and an artillery emblazoned shield to make him my MASTER Engineer.


Ok, so now that the characters are done, here is a few of the whole throng on the table. And then we will get down to my unit blocks.

Everyone
Longbeards

These guys are all going to have white beards, but more than that, they will also ALL have cloaks. I pulled all of the cloak bodies out of my core blocks, excluding command teams, just to give these vets the better looking bodies. Really makes them stand out from behind. Plus these are the sword and board guys...sorry axe/hammer and board.
Warrior Block 1
Warrior Block 2
Miners
Quarreler Block 1
Quarreler Block 2
Thunderers
Pony Cavalry

I had been talking to shop buddies and jokes kept arising about pony cavalry. And I just happened to have a few spare bits of...everything, including a bunch of ponies. So here they are, a rank of 5 of the rare Pony Cav Troop.
Cannon 1
Cannon 2
Organ Gun 1
Organ Gun 2

So that is the entirety of my dwarf collection as it stands. Hopefully in a year I can come back and look at all these pictures and remember what these guys looked like in a lot of black. Because I want to get this army in color within a year or so. As always, let me know what you think below, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment