Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Explaining the Absence

Army life is the life for me. Unfortunately, being active duty military can be...rough on my gaming schedule. I have still been gaming, even if it has been lighter than usual. So that is where I have been these last few months, just very busy.

On a high note however, I have gone from lightly gaming to lightly gaming AND modelling again. I will break down everything that I have on my Gaming Desk right now.

Gaming:
* The shop is getting more and more into Warhammer Fantasy Battles (at last)
* Just played 2x 500 point Dwarf games against Lizardmen and High Elves. Both were very close and very fun.
* This upcoming Saturday I have a 3000 Point battle against High Elves coming up, so I am mustering up nearly the full Throng.

Painting:
* I just finished my Dwarf Lord on his Oathstone, and my Thane with BSB. Pics coming soon as I seal them.
* I am hating all my black primed dwarves, so the units will ALL be getting the primary colors (Green) and metal for their armor and weapons at a minimum. Just to break up the black. I will do a full throng picture of before and after.

Modelling:
* I am making like 30 something MDF bases for terrain for a friend, which means terrain craziness soon to come.
* I have a 3 building complex that can be together or apart. Its in the ruined 40k theme and the final touches are happening now as well. So my few readers will see the terrain skills I have.
* I have completed the entry ramp to my Dwarf Fortress. All that is left is painting the spare sprue bits I have tacked on to make it extra dwarfy. I will put up a WIP shot soon.
* And what I am MOST excited for is for some REAL HAMMERERS!!! GW just put up the pre-orders for them and I have to kick myself not to immediately buy a 40 block of them. They look THAT awesome...I just dont have the 200 bucks for them. Oh god the prices :( I WILL get them eventually, but for the moment I have PLENTY to paint, so it may be a while.

Anyways, that is it for now...sorry for the long absence, but Isean Grey is still in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment