Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Graey Throng Test Scheme (Plus Cannon)

So, these were the very first models I received when I made my bulk dwarf purchase...and I immediately went about testing colors and mixes and shades. I think I finally found what I wanted, save one detail. I will cover that at the end.

Kazak-Graey's first Cannon and Crew:
So The dwarf scheme. I went with a heavily agrax earthshade washed Waaagh Green for the cloth. Black for boots, gloves, cuffs. Ironbreaker for the metal bits, a leather for the leather. The wood is a mix of like 5 browns in different layers. The skin was a leather, washed with agrax, then a 50% blend of leather and a dwarf skin tone, then washed again. Overall I was super pleased with the skin. And also...I think I am very happy with this as being my color scheme.

The one thing I am unhappy about, the "stone" carriage for the cannon. I wanted a mottled, stony look that would resemble a dappled granite or some such. I don't think it looks BAD, but I am not completely happy with it.

If you have any ideas for getting a stone look, please comment below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment