Monday, April 8, 2013

Es'run Sept Hunter Cadre - Current Status

Hello again,

Just like I did with my Black Templars, I will be doing a current status on my other 40k army, the Tau. I have done them all with my own paint and camo scheme, so I based them on a sept of my own. I happened to paint them all a red scheme before the new codex released...which turned out great because now I am going to have the sept be a Farsight Enclave breakaway sept. Farsight kept all his goodies from 4th and they removed all the bad stuff in my opinion. I want to get his model and paint him in my colors...so it will be a "counts as" but still red so it should hold on to the fluffy-ness that I like. I would LOVE to do a farsight/shadowsun cadre, but its just a little too unfluffy for me...even though stealth teams will always have a spot in my heart.

Es'run Sept Hunter Cadre

Current Battle Roster


Shas'o - While the commander of my current tau forces, will probably be demoted to a mere bodyguard when I get a farsight model. Fully magnetized.

Crisis Suits - 2 suits at present. Fully magnetized.

Broadside Suit - Forgeworld broadside. While smaller than the new broadside suits, this model is STILL the sweetest looking broadside in my opinion.

Ethereal - He served his sept well by dying on nearly every battlefield in order to spur the tau on to victory. With the new codex he got EVEN BETTER...but with all the other unique HQ choices, I dont know if he will get a lot of use. Was my first model to try wet blending on for highlights. Improved my painting skills a lot with this guy.

Firewarrior Team - 10 Firewarriors. Has Shas'ui and all rifles.

Firewarrior Team - 10 Firewarriors. Has Shas'ui and all rifles.

Pathfinder Team - Currently uses 4 firewarrior models as stand-ins.

Kroot Squad - Shaper and 11 Kroot. Man I love my kroot. They got nerfed some with the new codex from my point of view. But my cadre just wouldn't be complete without them. Fluffy...and sweet models. I really was hoping a kroot HQ would make a show in the new dex, then I could dream of a whole kroot mercenary force on its lonesome. Maybe some day.

Stealth Team - 3 XV25 suits. Right now my FAVORITE tau unit. They always do crazy awesome things in my games. Usually they die...but they do it in great ways. Got buffed with the new codex, but got easier to kill as they can't bubble wrap themselves in drones now. Shas'vre is magnetized.

Devilfish - I love the model. I was hoping they would make it a little cheaper. Its a tad expensive as a transport...but I cant complain. Good armor and jink saves to deliver my troops to their objectives.

Hammerhead - Convertable to a skyray and fully magnetized for every option. My first REAL tank. Love this thing. It has only gotten blown up ONE time in all the games I have ever fielded it in. Its kill ratio is insane.

A load of drones - No rhyme or reason. Not sure how many I have really.

White - Unit is assembled, but still grey.
Red - Unit is primed.
Orange - Unit is partially painted.
Yellow - Unit is painted but not based or sealed.
Green - Painted, Based and Sealed.

Future Fighting Company Additions:

Farsight - I love the model. I love his fluff. I will have him.

Crisis suits - I want a full bodyguard for Farsight. Super Tau blob of deepstricking doom.

Pathfinder Team - I will use the box to make 2 pathfinder teams. One of the additional models will be customized to be a "counts as" Darkstrider

Sun Shark Bomber/fighter - The tau flyer. It looks awesome. Great stats. Cheap. And not killer of my wallet. It will be mine.

More stealth suits to fill out team or to serve as a second team.

More firewarriors. I want a farsight enclave sept. Means firewarriors are even more important than usual. They will be my anvil. A tempting gunline to draw them in so my hammer (farsight blob) can deepstrike and cause death. Very fluffy tactics...so I need more warriors

Farsight enclave shoulderpads. Because I can...and they look sweet. I need like 4 dozen of them lol.

2 Piranhas - My last priority...but they have always been a cool looking model and I am tempted to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment