Monday, April 8, 2013

Fighting Company Hartnackig - Current Status

Hello all,

I just started this and am pretty bored at work right now. I have a satellite that is acting troublesome to find and the people at the other end of the phone are just as confused as I am. So I am writing more. Thankfully, blogger isn't blocked by my job's crazy internet restrictions so I have an outlet.

I thought I would first share the purpose, which was my first post. Then I figured I may as well do a post on the current status of my Black Templars. They are my first 40k army, so they get mentioned before my Tau :)

Fighting Company Hartnackig

Current Battle Roster - Pictures will be added after work


Castellan - Power armor HQ. Power sword and plasma pistol for low points games. Second in command of the company.

Master of Sanctity - First model EVER. Will never repaint. Sealed in all his imperfection. Holy club and plasma pistol.


Reclusiarch - Jump chaplain with his holy club and a plasma pistol, attached to assault marines. Right now my favorite model in my Templars. My first finecast ever as well. I hated finecast while working with it, but after painting it...I love the way he looks. Overall finecast fan.

Emperor's Champion - The DV Company Captain model. I loved the two handed sword pose. I will repaint him. Not because I did a bad job, just because his colors dont match the new scheme I want. Plus I want to glue on more Templar Iconography.

Sword Brethren Assault Terminators - Squad will have 6 terminators. One is still in shipping. All hammers all day. The independant charactors I will attach to the squad will take care of the I5 attacks this squad lacks.

Sword Brethren Terminators - 5 terminator squad with a cyclone and assault cannon. DV models.

Crusader Squad - 5 Initiates, 2 Neophytes. Heavy Bolter and Flamer.

Crusader Squad - 5 Initiates, 1 Neophyte. Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun

Crusader Squad - 5 Initiates, 2 Neophytes.

Biker Squadron - 3 DV Bikes. One with a power sword, another with a plasmagun. Easily my hardest unit to use. I think I need more bikes if I want to field these. They die a lot.

Assault Marines - 5 Assault Marines. Power axe on one for its sweet looks. 2 plasma pistols in squad.

Land Raider Crusader - Easily the largest model I have painted yet. And the largest time sink so far as well. The thing looks amazing, it just takes forever. Also my first real attempts at highlighting and weathering.

Color Key:
White - Unit is assembled, but still grey.
Red - Unit is primed.
Orange - Unit is partially painted.
Yellow - Unit is painted but not based or sealed.
Green - Painted, Based and Sealed.

Future Fighting Company Additions:

Marshal Hartnackig - This will be a Captain Darnath Lysander model that I will modify for my Templars. I wanted a good looking terminator marshal and his model stands above all the other terminator models in my opinion. Also. Helbrecht is sweet...but he has a lot lacking as a HQ choice. Model is in shipping, no idea when I will have it.

Master of Sanctity - A terminator chaplain. I want to put this beast with my assault terms with my marshal in that land raider. I am going to arm him with his Holy Beatstick and a power axe for options to hit things at I5 lightly, or super hard at I1. Man I love the Black Templar power axe bit. Thing looks so sweet. Dont own the model, havent found one I like yet.

Stormtalon - I THINK the new flyer book gave templars access to the smaller new flyer. I will have to research it. If I can...I want this one.

Predator Annihilator - Sweet lascannon-y goodness to distract the enemy from my Land Raider of Doom.

A venerable dreadnought - Forgeworld has a black templar venerable dread model that I drool over having one day. And I will have it. Already have a spot cut out for it in my carrying case.

A drop pod - to deliver sweet dreadnought death in the enemy deployment zone while my terminators thunder club things in the cranium.

More assault marines to max out the squad

One more terminator. Will be armed with another cyclone missile launcher and purpose will be to swap in and out with the assault cannon depending on enemy.

More Initiates and Neophytes. They are my bread and butter...I will always need more.

A Bastion - I want to make a Templar Keep, not only to use in games...but also for my final plan. A full 2' x 2' display board for my army in front of their Keep behind huge medieval-ish walls and trenches in unit formations.

No comments:

Post a Comment